Switcheroo is a lightweight plugin for Unreal Engine that makes it easy to detect whether the player is using a gamepad or the keyboard/mouse combo, and react accordingly.
- State-of-the-art input detection. The plugin automatically filters out edge cases and false positives (such as input coming from a loose analog stick, or from involuntary mouse movements) and is highly customizable.
- Plug and Play. The plugin doesn’t require any special setup (like custom
PlayerControllerclasses): enabling the plugin is all it takes to be up-and-running.
- Easy to use. Switcheroo provides a simple API that can be used from both Blueprint and C++.
- Lightweight. The plugin logic is implemented in native C++ code and runs at the Slate application level with no impact on performance.
- Supported and tested. The plugin has already been used in several released games and will continue to receive all the needed lifetime updates.
- Source code & example project. Switcheroo comes with full, heavily commented source code and a thorough example project.